Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Netflix

Netflix is a product I would definitely recommend anyone to subscribe to. It enables you to watch a wide variety of movies and television shows for a low price of eight dollars a month. That's only $96 dollars a year which is a bargain. It doesn't sound like it, but when you consider the price of a movie ticket nowadays it $10.50, you could only watch ten movies for the same amount of money you could use to subscribe to Netflix. I would rather watch a wide variety of entertainment a year, rather than just ten movies a year. However, like every other subscription, it has its pros and cons.
One great advantage to this is the ability to cancel at any time. You are not bound to a contract and only pay for the months you use it. This makes it great to the customer as they do not feel bound to it and can cancel at anytime if they feel the service is not worth their time. Another great benefit of this service is its wide variety. It has many genres of movies such as action, comedy, horror, drama, and more. It also includes numerous genres of television shows. You will always be able to find something to watch because of its selection. You could discover your new favorite movie or tv show on there that you may have never heard of before. Because of its massive collection, you are constantly discovering new films you haven't heard of. This is always happening to me and I enjoy it. With its instant streaming, you can watch Netflix anywhere if you have items that can stream it. This includes an xbox 360, ps3, or your cell phone. It plays straight on there without you having to wait for a DVD to come in the mail. This makes it convenient and allows you to enjoy the films on the go even. You can watch it on the bus, in between class, or even in the car. You'll never be bored when you have this.
However, Netflix does have its downsides. Because of its wide variety, you can spend a good chunk of time just finding something to watch. You will find many things that interest you, but will have a hard time deciding on what to watch. Sometimes it has taken me a good 20 minutes just deciding what to watch. I'd rather use that 20 minutes actually watching something. It also doesn't always have the blockbuster movies everyone wants to see. You won't be able to find The Avengers or The Dark Knight Rises on there, or other popular movies.
I would personally recommend this subscription to anybody. I have personally found it to be a good investment and I definitely get my moneys worth out of it. You will discover new things and have something to do when you're bored.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with you Zack! I have Netflix and I'd say it's worth the $96 a year! Going to the movie theater is so expensive now a days. Lucky for us, movies are maybe available to us after 3 or 4 months of being out in the theater. I like Netflix because of the variety, but then I hate when I see a movie that looks interesting but it's not. Looking for something to watch, like you said, sometimes takes so long. I'll start watching something that turns out to be a crappy low budget production, surely not worth any of my time. But I will admit, I'm also a junky for red box. $1.25 a night to rent a movie or game, and they are recent movies that just got out the theater! I barely even find myself paying for the movies though because they have a text- club were they send you promotional codes for free movies night on a pretty regular basis. If you weren't aware of this, jus text join I believe to 727272. You will not be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zack, I'm with Jazman and I agree with you about Netflix. We don't even get the DVDs anymore; my family just gets the online-download version. Trust me, having the kids' programming is wonderful when you have a toddler and are trying to grade papers or make dinner. One thing you didn't mention here was the fact that while some movies are unavailable, there are others that a user has access to that they might not have known about otherwise: international flicks, independent titles, etc.

    But I wonder: what does this Nexflix post have to do with school smarts? I know you could probably make some legitimate connections, although I don't see them in this post quite yet. Saving money is an important aspect of using this service versus going to the movies. Also, could you use Netflix to find appropriate documentaries to supplement research? Possibly.

    Make sure to tie the individual blog posts into your overarching goal of the blog itself...

    ReplyDelete